Saturday, May 7, 2011

Resizing in photoshop


A question I often here asked is how do I resize my images for the internet or whatever.

Well heres how.
Open your image in photoshop, go to image/ image size here I wanted 700 pixles on the longest size (the height) the box that opens has the following options, first I made sure it was on pixles, then I checked that scale styles, resample and constrain proportions were all ticked, now I type in 700 on the longest size.
The next step is to choose the resample method, as I'm going smaller it's bicubic sharper, if I was going bigger than the original it would be bicubis smoother (it tells you) Lastly click ok and the jobs done.

Just remember to save as portrait small (or whatever) so you don't save over your original and loose the full size version.

No comments:

Post a Comment